Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Perfect Ending

I hate how we live on lies and run-on sentences
and constant ands and whys, and how you smile
when really, you're a metaphoric catastrophe
as atom bombs seem to consume you internally.
How could we turn into such a depressing picture?
In my mind, I still remember
when every moment we shared, you wore a genuine smile
but now, i'd walk ten billion miles to see you happy again.i
This wasn't the way I wanted us to end,
but who am I to say? I'm a writer in denial,
I write in first person and I'm a hypocrite.
It's funny, I never thought I'd fall for someone like you,
but here I am falling and being devoured
by venus fly traps and black holes.

You're my one prefect mistake,
the one I'd never fear to make again.
But still yet, we seem to be heading for an untimely end.
I wish I could rewrite us into a fairytale,
but you hold the pen.
I wonder when the time comes,
will we turn into a devastating horror where
we'd never be able to survive this post-apocalyptic nightmare?
The world will crash and burn the moment we separate,
I promise you that.
So baby, write. Write the perfect ending.

Turn us into a romance that will go down in history as cliche yet true,
it'd be the perfect ending as long as I'm with you.
But here we are, miles apart even when I see you right there.
Love is a battle that will never end up fair.
Your sentences are filled with grammatical error,
and you call me your worst mistake.
I'd rewrite the story of us, but baby you hold the pen.
So write us out.
Let the ink bleed, let it be the noose that ties our hearts
and strangle it until it asphyxiates itself into a bitter demise,
let us be the lone moon on a frigid evening that never seems to wake.

Olvídate de mí ahora, pronto me olvide.
Tu memoria no va a desaparecer de mi mente.
Escribir el momento final, escribir el poema final.
Que la oscuridad nos separan.

No comments:

Post a Comment